Updated June 20223
As of June 1, Longy no longer requires proof of COVID vaccination for incoming students. We strongly recommend every member of the Longy community receive a COVID vaccinations and all boosters for which they are eligible to continue to keep the community safe.
Longy faculty and staff are still required to be fully vaccinated.
Masking at Longy is optional in all situations including singing in lessons, rehearsal, and performances. Should the infection rates in Cambridge rise to High, Longy may require masking. Notice will be given at least 24 hours in advance via email and on campus signage.
Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines
Positive COVID-19 test
- Isolate for a minimum of 5 days after symptoms begin or after a positive COVID test. Day 0 is the day symptoms begin or you receive a positive test and are asymptomatic.
- Individuals who have COVID must inform anyone with whom they had been in contact two days prior to the start symptoms and up to the beginning of isolation. A close contact is defined as someone with whom an individual was closer than six (6) feet for over fifteen (15) minutes over a period of twenty-four (24) hours.
- Individuals with COVID can return to campus when they receive a negative rapid antigen test if they meet the following criteria:
- Test on day 6 (following 5 days of isolation); and
- No fever for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication; and
- Improvements to all other symptoms.
- Following isolation, individuals must wear a mask around others for an additional 5 days.
- If the antigen test is positive on day 6 or later (after 5 days), individuals must continue isolation for an additional 5 days. The CDC currently does not recommend taking a PCR test after contracting COVID. PCR tests can return positive results for weeks after you are no longer contagious.
- If the individual is unable to take a COVID test, they may return to school on day 11 (after isolating for 10 days).
Starting Fall 2022, Longy will no longer be conducting contact tracing; you need to inform your close contacts.
Close contacts of infected individuals must quarantine only if they meet one of the following criteria:
- You are not fully vaccinated and boosted
- It’s been more than 5 months since completing their primary vaccination of Moderna or Pfizer
- It’s been more than 2 months since completing their primary vaccination of J&J
- You have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days
Close contacts who are fully vaccinated and boosted or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days, must wear a mask around others for 10 days (able to unmask on day 11) and get tested on day 6 (after 5 days).
Quarantine vs. Isolation (CDC Guidelines)
- You quarantine when you might have been exposed to the virus and may or may not have been infected.
- You isolate when you are sick or when you have been infected with the virus, even if you don’t have symptoms.
All guests to campus should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination upon request.
Concert Hall Policies:
- Guests should register for tickets in advance.
- Masking is currently optional at Longy.
Longy concert and event attendees are expected to comply with all safety policies and procedures.