Updated September 2022
Longy requires all students, faculty, and staff be fully vaccinated and to have received all available booster shots for which they qualify. Proof of vaccination and booster(s) must be submitted prior to the first day of new student orientation for students or the start of an employee’s first day of work.
Longy is requiring all students, faculty, and staff receive the COVID-19 bivalent booster shot by October 15, 2022, or within 4 weeks after you become eligible.
Submitting proof of vaccination or booster shot
Faculty and Staff:
Upload picture of your vaccination card showing the date of your shot(s) here.
Upload picture of you vaccination card showing the date of your shot(s) here.
Longy accepts all COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization.
Exemption to Vaccination Policy
Exemptions for medical or religious reasons are available. Students should contact Caitlin Laird (Student Services) for more information. Faculty and staff should contact Sarah Walsh (Human Resources).
Masking at Longy is optional in all situations including singing in lessons, rehearsal, and performances. Should the infection rates in Cambridge rise to High, Longy may require masking. Notice will be given at least 24 hours in advance via email and on campus signage.
Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines
Positive COVID-19 test
- Isolate for a minimum of 5 days after symptoms begin or after a positive COVID test. Day 0 is the day symptoms begin or you receive a positive test and are asymptomatic.
- Individuals who have COVID must inform anyone with whom they had been in contact two days prior to the start symptoms and up to the beginning of isolation. A close contact is defined as someone with whom an individual was closer than six (6) feet for over fifteen (15) minutes over a period of twenty-four (24) hours.
- Individuals with COVID can return to campus when they receive a negative rapid antigen test if they meet the following criteria:
- Test on day 6 (following 5 days of isolation); and
- No fever for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication; and
- Improvements to all other symptoms.
- Following isolation, individuals must wear a mask around others for an additional 5 days.
- If the antigen test is positive on day 6 or later (after 5 days), individuals must continue isolation for an additional 5 days. The CDC currently does not recommend taking a PCR test after contracting COVID. PCR tests can return positive results for weeks after you are no longer contagious.
- If the individual is unable to take a COVID test, they may return to school on day 11 (after isolating for 10 days).
Starting Fall 2022, Longy will no longer be conducting contact tracing; you need to inform your close contacts.
Click here for the CDC definition of a close contact.
Close contacts of infected individuals must quarantine only if they meet one of the following criteria:
- You are not fully vaccinated and boosted
- It’s been more than 5 months since completing their primary vaccination of Moderna or Pfizer
- It’s been more than 2 months since completing their primary vaccination of J&J
- You have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days
Close contacts who are fully vaccinated and boosted or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days, must wear a mask around others for 10 days (able to unmask on day 11) and get tested on day 6 (after 5 days).
Quarantine vs. Isolation (CDC Guidelines)
- You quarantine when you might have been exposed to the virus and may or may not have been infected.
- You isolate when you are sick or when you have been infected with the virus, even if you don’t have symptoms.
All guests to campus should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination upon request.
Concert Hall Policies:
- Guests should register for tickets in advance and be prepared to show proof of vaccination upon arrival.
- Masking is currently optional at Longy.
Longy concert and event attendees are expected to comply with all safety policies and procedures.