- Artistic Resume
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript/Academic Records - all transcripts must be in English. Applicants must upload an unofficial copy of transcripts from prior undergraduate and/or graduate work as part of their online application for admissions. Official transcripts are required only after an offer of admission is made and accepted. International Applicants: see additional requirements.
- TOEFL or IELTS Score - for non-native English speakers only. Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required only after an offer of admission is made and accepted. International Applicants: see additional requirements.
- Audition Video Recording - only applicable to those applying by recording
- Pre-Screening Video – Artist Diploma applicants only
- Application Fee - non-refundable, and paid online through the application submission process.
How To Apply
See Audition Dates & Repertoire for audition requirements and live audition dates by program.
Longy does not require a pre-screening for the Undergraduate Diploma, Master of Music, or Graduate Performance Diploma.. Instrumentalists/vocalists interested in these programs may apply by video recording or perform a live audition on campus. Composition students complete a portfolio interview on campus or may elect to have the interview online. On campus auditions/interviews are strongly encouraged.
Artist Diploma applicants must submit a pre-screening video of a full recital program.
- $75 – applications submitted through December 1
- $100 – applications submitted through January 5
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- November 1 – application deadline for SPRING applicants. Rolling admission decisions.
- December 1 – reduced application fee deadline for FALL and MAT applicants.
- December 1 – SPRING student reply deadline
- January 5 – application deadline for all FALL and MAT applicants.
- February 1 – deadline for supporting application materials (recommendation letters, unofficial transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS scores)
- February (all month) – live auditions
- February 15 – FAFSA filing deadline (only required for U.S. citizens and permanent residents)
- March 1 – final TOEFL or IELTS scores due (for applicants whose score submitted by January 5 did not qualify them for admission)
- March 15 – undergraduate and graduate admission decisions released
- April 15 – graduate student reply deadline
- May 1 – undergraduate student reply deadline
If you are interested in submitting an application past the deadline, please reach out to the Office of Admissions
See our Audition page for audition dates, accompanying guidelines, and repertoire by department.
[button color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”medium” url=”/admissions/audition/” text=”LEARN MORE” color_override=””]