Summer and Fall 2020 Applications are still being accepted.
2021 applications will be available September 15, 2020.
How To Apply
Two letters of recommendation
Transcripts – all transcripts must be in English. Applicants must upload an unofficial copy of transcripts from prior undergraduate and/or graduate work as part of their online application for admissions. Official transcripts are required only after an offer of admission is made and accepted.
English Proficiency Scores – for non-native English speakers only. Unofficial TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test required for the application. Official scores are required only after an offer of admissions is accepted. See the International Students page for score requirements.
Audition Video Recording - Longy does not require a pre-screening for the Undergraduate Diploma, Master of Music, or Graduate Performance Diploma. Students interested in these programs may apply by video recording or perform a live audition on campus. Composition students complete a portfolio interview on campus or may elect to have the interview online. On campus auditions/interviews are strongly encouraged.
Pre-Screening Video – Artist Diploma applicants must submit a pre-screening video of a full recital program.
International Applicants – see additional requirements.
2021 Important Dates and Deadlines:
- October 15 – application deadline
- November 2 – live auditions (see Audition Dates & Repertoire)
- November 15 – admissions decisions released
- December 1 – offer reply deadline
Fall, MAT, and MM/ME Applicants
- December 1 – priority application deadline
- January 5 – standard application deadline
- February 1 – deadline for supporting application materials (recommendation letters, unofficial transcripts, unofficial English Proficiency scores)
- February (all month) – live auditions (see Audition Dates & Repertoire)
- February 15 – priority FAFSA filing deadline (only required for U.S. citizens and permanent residents)
- March 1 – final English Proficiency scores due (for applicants whose score submitted by January 5 did not qualify them for admission)
- March 15 – admissions decisions released
- April 15 – graduate student reply deadline
- May 1 – undergraduate student reply deadline
If you are interested in submitting an application past the deadline, please reach out to the Office of Admissions