Seeking: String Teachers to teach violin, viola and cello in our After-School Strings Lesson Program on Tuesdays (Parker Elementary School), Wednesday (North Quincy High School)& Fridays (Beechwood Knoll Elementary School) from 3:00-5:10.
Dates: Now through June 3 whenever school is in session (not during school breaks and holidays)
• Excellent musicianship and artistry as a teacher-performer.
• Strong understanding of violin/viola/cello pedagogy.
• Strong commitment to public music education .
• Experience working with children from diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• At least 2 years of prior teaching experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Violin or Viola or Performance or Music Education.
• Bilingual in English and Chinese preferred.
• Teach elementary group string classes: beginning violin, viola and cello group lessons to students (grades 2-5).
• Classes are 40 minutes each and run once per week through the first week of June (ending June 3) in small groups.
• Develop and teach strong fundamental skills for each string instrument.
• Adapt to the needs of students at various levels and learning styles.
• Collaborate with colleagues within the string program to achieve program-wide learning goals and objectives.
• Set and maintain high standards for student behavior and music learning in a positive and nurturing classroom environment.
• CORI and fingerprinting must be completed prior to beginning work.
• Pay is $40.08 per class (3 classes per day).
Quincy Public Schools strives to create an inclusive and racially affirming environment that welcomes and values the diversity of our staff and students. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Join the team and be part of a dynamic multicultural community. Thank you for your interest in joining our professional team.
Quincy Public Schools
34 Coddington Street
QUINCY, MA 02169