- Artistic Resume
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript/Academic Records - all transcripts must be in English. Applicants must upload an unofficial copy of transcripts from prior undergraduate and/or graduate work as part of their online application for admissions. Official transcripts are required only after an offer of admission is made and accepted. International Applicants: see additional requirements.
- TOEFL or IELTS Score - for non-native English speakers only. Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required only after an offer of admission is made and accepted. International Applicants: see additional requirements.
- Audition Video Recording - only applicable to those applying by recording
- Pre-Screening Video – Artist Diploma applicants only
- Application Fee - non-refundable, and paid online through the application submission process.
How To Apply
See Audition Dates & Repertoire for audition requirements and live audition dates by program.
Longy does not require a pre-screening for the Undergraduate Diploma, Master of Music, or Graduate Performance Diploma.. Instrumentalists/vocalists interested in these programs may apply by video recording or perform a live audition on campus. Composition students complete a portfolio interview on campus or may elect to have the interview online. On campus auditions/interviews are strongly encouraged.
Artist Diploma applicants must submit a pre-screening video of a full recital program.
- $75 – applications submitted through December 1
- $100 – applications submitted through January 5
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- November 1 – application deadline for SPRING applicants. Rolling admission decisions.
- December 1 – reduced application fee deadline for FALL and MAT applicants.
- December 1 – SPRING student reply deadline
- January 5 – application deadline for all FALL and MAT applicants.
- February 1 – deadline for supporting application materials (recommendation letters, unofficial transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS scores)
- February (all month) – live auditions
- February 15 – FAFSA filing deadline (only required for U.S. citizens and permanent residents)
- March 1 – final TOEFL or IELTS scores due (for applicants whose score submitted by January 5 did not qualify them for admission)
- March 15 – undergraduate and graduate admission decisions released
- April 15 – graduate student reply deadline
- May 1 – undergraduate student reply deadline
If you are interested in submitting an application past the deadline, please reach out to the Office of Admissions