As the news of school and event advisories and orders continues to unfurl, we have expanded our measures to reduce the chances of coronavirus impacting our community.
last update: April 25, 2020, 10:00 A.M.
- The City of Cambridge has issued a Stay at Home Advisory, extended until May 18, 2020.
The City has also issued a new order requiring face coverings to be worn at all times in public.
This is in addition to physical distancing and regular hand washing. cambridgema.gov/covid19
- Our buildings will remain closed until further notice.
This is a change from our previous plan to allow limited access for student practice.
- All concerts and masterclasses are cancelled for the duration of the spring semester.
- Starting March 30th, all Longy classes transitioned to online teaching.
- Longy offers several resources to assist this transition including Microsoft Teams, Panopto, and Skype.
Students are responsible for completing all requested coursework this semester.
Please check your email regularly for instructions and assignments.
- Longy’s Commencement will take place online May 9, 2020.
All staff will work remotely until further notice (except those whose jobs require them being on campus).
Longy’s buildings will be locked (if it is essential that you come to campus, access may be arranged).
Please be safe, take the steps you need to stay healthy, and be alert in case of future updates to these measures.
Continue to read and follow the latest CDC guidelines.
The Longy community can sign up for text alerts by updating your Rave Mobile Safety account via One Login.