As of June 10 2022,
Longy will return to a
masking optional policy.
Wearing masks on campus is optional, including for singing in classes, rehearsals, and performances.
Vaccine Booster Shots, and Distancing:
To ensure a safe return to in-person classes, all faculty, students and staff are required to have a COVID-19 booster shot by February 7, 2022.
See detailed guidelines on vaccination, masking, and distancing in classrooms and practice spaces.
Positive COVID-19 Test, Close Contact, and Symptoms:
Any Longy community member who receives a positive test for COVID-19 should report it to Associate Dean Jeremy Van Buskirk.
- Isolate for a minimum of 5 days after symptoms begin or after a positive COVID test.
Consult guidelines for testing and returning afterward.
- You must wear a mask around others for 10 days and get tested 5 days after close contact.
- As always, if you develop symptoms do not come to school and get tested.
See detailed guidelines on testing and isolation, and on close contact and quarantine.
- Please observe all health and safety updates from The City of Cambridge.
- Continue to read and follow the latest CDC guidelines.
Please be safe, take the steps you need to stay healthy, and be alert in case of future updates to these measures.
The Longy community can sign up for text alerts by updating your Rave Mobile Safety account via One Login.
Concert Hall Policies:
- Concerts are open to the public. Non-Longy audience members must show proof of vaccination (including booster shot) upon entering.
- Pickman Hall will operate at 100% capacity, but pre-registration for concerts is required to ensure the ability of contact tracing. There will be no walk-ups.
Longy concert and event attendees are expected to comply with all safety policies and procedures.