As the news of school and event cancellations continues to unfurl, we have expanded our measures to reduce the chances of coronavirus impacting our community.
last update: March 25, 2020, 5:00 P.M.
- We are extending Spring Break to nearly two weeks, from Monday, March 16th–Friday, March 27th.
Classes, ensembles, lessons and performances should not take place during this time.
- Our buildings will remain closed until further notice.
This is a change from our previous plan to allow limited access for student practice.
- Starting on Monday, March 30th, all Longy classes will transition to online teaching.
Longy offers several resources to assist this transition including Microsoft Teams, Panopto, and Skype.
We are asking faculty to spend the extended Spring Break transitioning their classes to a distance-learning format.
We will provide instructions and training tools to assist you in the transition.
- Students are responsible for completing all requested coursework this semester.
Please check your email regularly during Spring Break for instructions and assignments.
- All concerts and masterclasses are cancelled for the duration of the spring semester.
All staff will work remotely until further notice (except those whose jobs require them being on campus).
Longy’s buildings will be locked (if it is essential that you come to campus, access may be arranged).
Please be safe, take the steps you need to stay healthy, and be alert in case of future updates to these measures.
Continue to read and follow the latest CDC guidelines.
The Longy community can sign up for text alerts by updating your Rave Mobile Safety account via One Login.