Fall Semester Music Teacher – parental leave coverage
The Rashi School, the Boston Area’s Reform Jewish Independent School, serving students in grades K-8 seeks a dynamic and child-centered Music Teacher to fill a parental leave for the first semester of the 2021-2022 school year. Rigorous academics (both Jewish and secular), differentiated instruction, and a commitment to social justice are core components of a Rashi education. Rashi teachers are collaborative, committed to ongoing professional growth, and promote risk taking, flexibility, adaptability, empathy and resilience in their students. We seek to employ faculty and staff with diverse backgrounds who model these traits for our students and are eager to support Rashi in fulfilling its mission.
Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, the Music Teacher is tasked with developing in each student an appreciation of the art of music, techniques of vocal and/or instrumental music expression, and the knowledge and skills in listening to and reading music. Music plays a vital role in Rashi School life, both in Jewish and secular studies.
- Teach music classes to grades K-5 two sections per grade level) each week with a balance of performance, movement, composition, music theory, and music appreciation.
- Teach one (1) class each of chorus to grades 3 and 4.
- Monitor and manage school-owned music education inventory safe storage. Arrange for replacements and repairs as required.
- Select and requisition books, musical instruments, and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive learning environment during practice, group rehearsals, and performances.
- Communicate with parents on student progress.
- Identify student needs and collaborate with other faculty in addressing learning differences.
- Participate in weekly faculty meetings and internal professional development
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Head of School.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in music, education, or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience teaching music in a school setting (K-8) is preferred.
- Fluency with piano or guitar.
- Confident singing ability.
- Able to sit, stand, reach, and type.
- Able to listen/hear and communicate orally.
- Able to use telephone and computers.
- Play musical instruments.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.
Full time regular benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, plus retirement plan match, generous paid time off, and student tuition considerations.
About The Rashi School:
The Rashi School is the Boston area’s Reform Jewish independent school serving students in grades K–8. Located in Dedham, Massachusetts, the mission of The Rashi School is to provide a dynamic, child-centered program of academic excellence that integrates rich secular and Jewish studies curricula and nurtures in its students’ critical minds and compassionate hearts.