Alto, Tenor, and Bass Section Leaders
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Lynnfield, MA
St. Paul’s Church has a thriving music program with a varied repertoire ranging from plainsong to the present day. The choir consists of four paid section leaders (SATB) and around a dozen regular congregational members. Other members of the congregation who are singers join on a periodic basis.
Duties and requirements:
• Sunday 8:30 AM rehearsal, 10:00 AM service (finishes around 11:15 AM). There is no regular weekday rehearsal.
• At least one choir piece each week (usually offertory anthem).
• Opportunities for solo work and for additional music during services with the professional quartet.
• Occasional concerts and extra services (paid).
• Christmas Eve is a requirement, though an approved substitute may be sent.
• Season goes from the Sunday after Labor Day until mid-June.
• Fee: $100.00 per Sunday (extras paid at the same or higher rate) paid biweekly.
• Good sight singing required and a willingness to come prepared (all music is available in advance).
• Transportation from Boston may be available or a travel stipend to offset expenses.
• Further details are available at the church’s web site: https://www.stpaulslynnfield.org.
To register interest please send a letter of interest and current resume to Julia Nelson, the Parish Administrator and soprano section leader [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Auditions will be held by the Director of Music, Andrew Shenton by arrangement. The new season starts on Sunday 9/12/21.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
127 Summer St
Lynnfield, MA 01940 United States