Mentor Collective at Longy
Longy is proud to offer the Mentor Collective Program, designed specifically to help our international students transition from acceptance to attendance.
What is Mentor Collective at Longy?
- Mentor Collective is a national online mentoring community
- Longy is one of many schools to partner with Mentor Collective to provide support within the community through mentorship
- Mentor Collective matches incoming Longy students with a trained mentor based on common interests, background and academics
- Mentors are highly qualified Longy upperclassmen and alumni
- If you have logistical questions at any point during your mentorship, feel free to email Becky Reuse at
What are the expectations for a Mentor Collective mentorship?
- MC mentorships involve meeting at least once per month, usually via video chat
- Longy.mentorcollective.org is the mentorship program’s online home base, where mentors and mentees can…
- Access discussion guides for each session
- Share insights on the mentee’s academic and individual concerns
What are other MC mentees saying about the experience?
- An expert friend before even arriving on campus: “It felt good to talk to someone and get to know the place that'll be your home for the next 4 years!” - Aradhya
- Real-life examples of how to be successful at school and answers to important questions: “[My mentor] is the type of person that is easy to talk to. He answered all my questions with examples of his friends, which was a bonus for me.” - Bruno
- A role-model who really gets to know you and helps you reach your goals: “We talked quite a bit about who we are and what we hope to accomplish with our lives.” - Victoria
How can students get matched with a mentor and get started?
- Once you submit your deposit you will receive information from Longy about several important next steps, including directions to register for the mentor program
- Haven’t received this information or want to learn more? Contact or