The Longy Fund
Through a gift to The Longy Fund, you can help inspire our students to become the musicians the world needs them to be. Every contribution is an important investment in Longy’s students, groundbreaking programs, and our social justice mission.
What is The Longy Fund?
Supporting a wide range of budgetary needs from scholarship support to building maintenance, The Longy Fund enables us to offer exciting new programs and performance opportunities, to foster an innovative and traveled faculty, and to meet the facilities needs required for a rigorous music education. When you make an unrestricted gift to The Longy Fund, you help us address our immediate needs and provide us the flexibility to use your gift where it is needed most.
Gifts to the Longy Fund support the following:
- Offer more than 180 free concerts annually, featuring our exceptional students and world-class faculty.
- Provide scholarship funding for conservatory and Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) students. Each year, Longy awards more than $3 million in merit-based financial aid.
- Engage our faculty in conferences, masterclasses, and workshops around the world, where they can enhance their teaching and share Longy’s innovative curriculum with colleagues from around the globe.
- Maintain our historic facilities, including our treasured concert space, Edward M. Pickman Hall, as well as our collection of unique early music instruments and more than 40 pianos.
- Provide programming such as the Sistema Side by Side Series and the Teaching Artist Program (TAP), which support our mission and connect Longy students to the Greater Boston community.