MAT Admissions Open House
MAT Open House 2017!
October 21st, 10am-12pm
Become an agent of change. Longy School of Music's Master of Arts in Teaching combines performance, music pedagogy, and social justice. Earn a California K-12 teaching credential while gaining hands-on experience working in the surrounding underserved neighborhoods of the Rampart District of Los Angeles. Within weeks you will gain new skills by teaching in urban public schools throughout Southern California and El Sistema-inspired programs such as YOLA and Opus, while empowering communities struggling with homelessness like Skid Row.
Please join us for our Open House on October 21 to see the program in action and to apply now for Summer 2018!
- 10:00am: Arrive at HOLA Royale for Coffee & Juice
- 10:10am: Welcome and Introductions
- 10:30am: Heart of Los Angeles (HOLA) Music Department Tour (Led by Jennifer Haren, YOLA at HOLA and HOLA Music Director)
- 11:00am - 12pm:
- Overview of Program
- Meet Faculty Members
- 20 minutes of a class/MAT Activity
- 12:00 - 12:30pm: Lunch with Light Refreshments (Mixer with current students and Longy MAT Faculty)
MAT building is Building 3
Check in and parking information:
Check in is at 2619 Wilshire Blvd, on the corner of South Rampart Blvd at the HOLA Royal Building (Building #3, see image below). It is recommended to park on Wilshire Blvd. or South La Fayette Park Place.