How to Apply
WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SOME PROGRAMS & STUDIOS; PLEASE EMAIL THE ADMISSION OFFICE IF YOU WISH TO APPLY.
All Applicants Must:
Required Supplemental Materials for all programs
- Artistic resume, personal statement, 2 letters of recommendation (submitted through the online application)
- Transcripts/academic records (transcripts must be in English)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (non-native English speakers only)
- FAFSA—Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Institution Code 021430)
Longy School of Music of Bard College
Office of Admissions
27 Garden Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
December 1: Application deadline for live audition/interview applicants to the Undergraduate Diploma, Master of Music, Graduate Performance Diploma
January 5: Application deadline for all recorded audition applicants to the Undergraduate Diploma, Master of Music, Graduate Performance Diploma. Application and pre-screening media deadline for Artist Diploma and Master of Arts in Teaching. Letters of recommendation deadline.
February 15: FAFSA priority deadline.
March 1: Official TOEFL/IELTS scores must be received
July 1: Official Transcripts must be submitted to Admission Office for enrolling students.
For questions regarding Spring Admission, contact the Admission Office.
- "I like that Longy has a small student body. I previously went to a school with around 900 students where I felt like nobody knew me and I was just 'student number so-and-so'! At Longy on the other hand, everybody seems to know each other; it's an intimate, family-like setting. It is nice to see some faces almost every day! The community is very friendly and supportive, as opposed to unhealthily competitive. Also, since there are fewer students, every student has plenty of performance opportunities."Alina Czekala, M.M. Violin '16
- "There are many reasons what I chose to attend Longy, but the biggest one was that it provided me with the specialized performance training that I was look for in a Master’s degree in Opera Performance. Between the scenes concerts and the fully staged opera with orchestra I have really developed my stage skills and been able to hone in on my vocal technique. Also, because it is a small department, the faculty really gets to know you well and they truly care about each one of their students."Elizabeth Stuk, M.M. Opera '16
- "The community at Longy is wonderful. I made close friends quickly, and I am constantly saying 'hi' to people in the hallways. Part of this is due to Longy’s smaller, intimate setting, but the inclusive feel created by both students and teachers is very vivid."Maria Mandico, M.M. Flute '16