El Sistema Summer Academy
Monday to Friday, July 31 - August 11, 2017
Designed for students from El Sistema-inspired programs across the greater Boston area and beyond, this program will foster friendships, enhance musical artistry, and promote leadership skills. We look forward to hosting some of Boston’s finest young musicians for two weeks of music immersion and inspiration.
Highlights for Longy's 2017 El Sistema Summer Academy:
- Two levels of orchestra, including a beginner string orchestra and intermediate full orchestra with strings, winds, brass, and percussion
- Performances in Harvard Square and Longy's Pickman Hall
- Day-trip to Boston and collaboration with the Landmarks Orchestra at the DCR Hatch Memorial Shell
- Outdoor games and activities, drum circle, and music theater
- A chance to connect with young musicians from El Sistema-inspired programs all over the world
For all students involved in El Sistema-inspired programs throughout Massachusetts, participation in the two-week El Sistema Summer Academy is only $200!
Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply for just $200 for two weeks of programming. Host families may be arranged depending on availability.
*Upon receiving your registration information, you will be sent more details and payment options via e-mail.
Last summer, over 100 youth musicians, master teachers, conservatory students, and staff gathered for an unforgettable two weeks! With the talent and excitement growing throughout our El Sistema-inspired community, this summer's Academy promises to be an incredible music experience with opportunities to create lasting friendships and memories.
Christopher Schroeder - Program Manager
Jorge Soto - Co-Artistic Director
Marielisa Alvarez - Co-Artistic Director
Mariesther Alvarez - Co-Artistic Director
For more information, contact Chris Schroeder ator send mail to:
Longy School of Music of Bard College
Attn: Chris Schroeder
27 Garden Street
Cambridge, MA 02138