Five Reasons We Think You’ll Love Learning at Longy
February 14, 2017
Whenever we ask current and former students about their experiences at Longy, one word always comes up—love. Since today is Valentine’s Day, a day dedicated to love, we’d thought it would be a great time to share what our students love about Longy.
1) Longy is in the heart of Harvard Square, with Boston less than two miles away. What does this mean for our students? Boundless opportunities. With a vibrant music scene bustling with music students and professionals from all over the globe—inspiration is around every corner.
2) Small class sizes mean that our students are able to build strong relationships with our renowned, award-winning faculty. New faces on our faculty include members of the Horszowski Trio, Neave Trio, Spencer Myer, Clint Foreman, and more.
3) Our innovative programming is in a class by itself. Our Teaching Assistantships, Sistema Side by Side Series, Teaching Artist Program and Masters of Art in Teaching degree program rank at the top of the list of why our students love learning here.
4) We believe in practical, hands-on experience. Every Longy student has the opportunity to participate in project-based learning courses where they can collaborate with their fellow students and some of our many professional partners, such as Boston Camerata and Boston Opera Collaborative. Longy students leave with a professional portfolio and recordings, as well as the skills necessary for a 21st-century career in music: having curated programs, performed new music, and dissected and reassembled standard repertoire.
5) Longy is close-knit community of musicians who encourage each other. We facilitate and celebrate collaboration as our students strive to bring their work to the world. Sound too good to believe? Schedule a visit and see why you might love learning at Longy too.