5 Reasons You’ll Want to be at Longy This September
April 21, 2017
Where will you be this September? Do you cringe every time someone asks you that question because you think enrollment periods are over? Well, relax, because at Longy we still have openings for the right candidates who are ready to make a difference in the world with their music. Still unsure? Here are five reasons you’ll want to be here.
YOU COME HERE TO PLAY
1) Starting this fall, our students will have even more opportunities to collaborate and perform with some of the most exciting ensembles and musicians out there today, including our Ensembles-in-Residence Horszowski Trio and Juventas New Music Ensemble, members of loadbang, and our Faculty Artists-in-Residence, Neave Trio. Sound too good to be true? Click here.
2) If you plan to study cello this September, we highly recommend you drop everything and apply to Longy today. Our stellar cello faculty includes Ole Akahoshi, Aristides Rivas, Nicholas Tzavaras of the Shanghai Quartet, and Mikhail Veselov of the Neave Trio.
WE BELIEVE IT’S NEVER TOO LATE FOR EARLY MUSIC
3) Our Early Music faculty includes critically acclaimed violinist Sean Y. Wang; tenor and conductor of the world-renowned chorus and orchestra of Emmanuel Music, Ryan Turner; and Anne Azéma, singer, scholar, and artistic director of one of the country’s preeminent early music ensembles, Boston Camerata. So what are you waiting for? There’s still time to join our Early Music program this fall. Click here to apply today.
WE THINK DIFFERENTLY
4) How do you envision your future in music? Being a musician today necessitates you think differently than music students did even five years ago. Our social mission, innovative programs, and exciting partners and collaborators will prepare you for whatever trail you blaze. Start your journey here.
FLUTE AND PIANO RULE
5) Our 2017–2018 flute faculty is star-studded with Robert Willoughby, Julie Scolnik, Cobus Du Toit, Clint Foreman, Sergio Pallottelli, and Vanessa Mulvey. And for piano students, if you join us, you may be able to learn from Rieko Aizawa of Horszowski Trio, Spencer Day, Don Berman, or Shai Wosner. Sound interesting? Click here.