Assistant Director of Admissions (Posted February 17, 2017)
Longy School of Music of Bard College is seeking a full-time dynamic and energetic sales/administrative professional to work with a vibrant team of admission professionals to assist in achieving the School’s established recruitment and enrollment goals. The Assistant Director of Admissions will work directly with domestic and international prospective students and applicants in the application process including required supportive academic and international documents. This person will also assist in organizing college visits, advising international students federal immigration processes including the F1 student visa process including creating I-20 documents for VISA applications.
The full-time Assistant Director of Admissions supports the Director of Admissions in organizing and running on and off campus recruitment and enrollment events for undergraduate and graduate music programs in Boston and Los Angeles, including but not limited to entering student orientation, annual live auditions, music conferences, class visits, master classes and recruitment travel.
The Assistant Director of Admissions will be responsible for:
- Extensive e-mail, phone, and in-person contact with prospective students and their guardians and mentors.
- Supervise graduate fellows and on-campus student employees.
- Guide applicants through the admission and enrollment process.
- Engage in planning and implementation of recruitment travel and campus visit program. Recruitment travel as assigned.
- Arrange auditions, fall and spring orientation, site visits and tours, and other events.
- Maintain accurate records and generate reports using various databases and software systems (GetAcceptd Application, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Bard’s enterprise Banner database system.)
- Manage entering student inquiries regarding student health insurance, immunization records, and the public transportation program.
- Train and serve as a SEVIS Designated School Official to help guide new enrolling students in obtaining and maintaining valid immigration status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Title and salary commensurate with experience. Longy offers a competitive salary, holiday and paid time-off package (in addition, the school is closed the last week of December), enrollment in Longy’s group health and dental plan, life and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending account and qualified transportation programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree and previous work experience required.
- Experience in music college admissions or sales preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and perform multiple assignments concurrently in a timely manner.
- Execute tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented workplace.
- Positive attitude and outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong sense or discretion and cultural sensitivity.
- Prior experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Access databases, and Banner preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Eileen Knight, Director of Admissions, Longy School of Music of Bard College, 27 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138. To apply via e-mail, include Assistant Director of Admissions in subject line and send to: .
Longy School of Music of Bard College is a conservatory with a mission to prepare musicians to make a difference in the world. World-class faculty and innovative curricula give students the skills they need to succeed while encouraging them to push their artistic presentation beyond the proscenium model. Longy promotes profound musical understanding and technical mastery, inspires growth of imagination, and fosters an attitude of inquiry about the musician’s role in the world. Longy serves graduate and undergraduate students from over 35 states and 16 countries between its Cambridge campus, and its campus in Los Angeles, which houses the El Sistema-inspired Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree program.
Longy School of Music of Bard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or age.