Admissions and Student Services Coordinator (Posted October 30, 2017)
Status: Full time, exempt
Reports to: Director of Admissions and Student Services
Longy School of Music of Bard College seeks an enthusiastic, goal-oriented Admissions and Student Services Coordinator to join a team that helps cultivate a diverse prospective student population, resulting in increased enrollment at Longy’s two campuses. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual entering into the Admissions field who will have extensive interaction with students, faculty, and staff. This full-time position reports directly to the Director of Admissions and Student Services.
- Serves as initial contact person for the Office of Admissions via phone, email, and in person communications
- Corresponds and fosters relationships with prospective students, applicants, and families throughout the application cycle, and assists with follow-up procedures
- Coordinates with faculty for student visits to the Cambridge campus, and represents Longy to prospective students and their mentors at college fairs, conferences, and events
- Manages data entry and reporting within various data systems such as Acceptd, Access, and Slate
- Communicates with Longy faculty on annual travel to increase recruitment support through the Office of Admissions
- Serves as the first point of contact for Student Services-related issues and oversees Student Services-related events, including student activities, distribution of the weekly student newsletter, managing records for on-campus employment, career services, student health insurance and immunization, and housing services
- Collaborates with the Admissions and Marketing team to coordinate recruitment efforts through various marketing channels
- Processes international paperwork and contributes to on-campus international student services
- Assists with the organization and implementation of live auditions, interviews, and new student orientation
- Supports the new student enrollment process, including tracking of deposits, collecting documentation, and general communications
- Provides general administrative support to the Office of Admissions
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of two years of experience in collegiate or conservatory admissions preferred
- Familiarity with admissions tools, such as Access, Get Accetpd, and Slate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in student services
- Bachelor's degree required
- Individuals with advanced musical credentials or equivalent musical experience preferred
Longy seeks candidates with: outstanding oral and written communication skills, energy and dedication, enthusiasm for the value and importance of advanced musical study, superb organizational skills including a meticulous eye for detail, a creative and strategic mind-set, the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, and a sense of humor. Vehicle not required, however a valid driver’s license is preferred.
Longy offers a competitive salary plus an Open Time Off Policy (OPTO) which includes a generous Family Medical Leave policy of 12 paid weeks. Longy also offers discounts on tuition at Longy, enrollment in Longy’s retirement plan, comprehensive group health and dental plans, life and long‐term disability insurance, flexible spending account and qualified transportation programs.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references by email to the attention of Azusa Chapman, Director of Admissions and Student Services (achapman(at)longy.edu). Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Longy in 2017 is at the forefront of graduate music education. Founded to offer an alternative to traditional conservatories, Longy continues to bring new and different perspectives on how to train and prepare modern musicians. Longy has made a name for itself by focusing on the social imperative: musicians, like all artists, must play a critical role in creating vibrant communities. This is carried out in signature programs to prepare students for the challenges of the musician of the 21st century.
Longy School of Music of Bard College is a degree‐granting institution that serves over 200 undergraduate and graduate students from over 35 states and 25 countries at its Conservatory campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts and its Master of Arts in Teaching campus in Los Angeles, California. Founded as Longy School of Music in 1915 by renowned oboist Georges Longy, Longy is a conservatory with a social imperative, providing for all students a distinguished faculty that promotes profound musical understanding and technical mastery, encourages growth of imagination, and fosters inquiry about the role of music and the musician in society. Longy’s mission is to prepare musicians to make a difference in the world.
The Longy School of Music of Bard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or age. The Longy School of Music of Bard College values the diversity of its community.